Lighten Up for Spring!
Feeling a bit sluggish after winter? Is your skin suffering from the indulgences the cold weather has brought on?
Spring is a time where we transition from the heavy winter coats, the heavy comfort foods (and the red wines) and get lighter for the warmer months ahead.
This month we are focusing on feeling lighter internally – our Gut and Liver.
And if you have suffered any winter skin issues such as eczema and psoriasis, then now is a perfect time to refresh and restore your skin by having a ‘Spring Clean’ internally.
A cleanse is also a fantastic way to get your liver in check before the madness of Spring Carnival and before we know it, Christmas.
We believe that beauty and true skin health is a side effect of your inner health.
We would like to introduce you to two new additions to the Salon that focus on having a healthy gut.
Firstly our newest range of nutritional food powders, Vita Sol which are specifically designed to support gut and skin health. And secondly our newest treatment, Arvigo Abdominal Massage and Chakra Balancing, to get your get your body aligned and your gut in flow.
See which powders could be right for you this Spring and meet Amanda, our new Arvigo practitioner.
Perfect for anyone wanting to protect their skin from premature ageing.
Antioxidant rich for cell protection from free radical damage. Think stress and sun damage.
Contains a huge dose of Vitamin C from Sea Buckthorn and Acerola Cherries also good for cell protection, skin healing and collagen production.
Rich in soluble prebiotic fibre from Jerusalem artichokes to help support a healthy digestion, by fertilising good micro biome in the gut.
This is great for skins prone to redness and inflammation, especially via stress. Also great for post surgery.
Contains a huge dose of Magnesium to help with muscle function and calming the nervous system.
Powerful anti-inflammatory Turmeric (curcumin), to combat inflammation in the body and gut.
Vitamin C helping with cell protection, strengthening and healing of the skin.
Great for anyone wanting a liver cleanse this Spring or suffers from skin condition such as acne, eczema or psoriasis.
Contains a rich blend of alkhalizing greens to help support cleansing and detox.
Contains Dandelion and Milk thistle to helps supports the liver and activate with the first phase of your cleanse.
Contains the nutrient Choline to help unload your liver of excess fats and cholesterol, so it is able to function at its best.
Our tips for a Spring Cleanse:
– We are not big fans of completely eliminating all the fun stuff (coffee, alcohol, dairy etc), as it is very restricting and hard to stick to. Instead try cutting down on your intake or choose one. Like this week I am not having alcohol and next week maybe I am having one coffee or going to have decaf.
– Increase your fibre. Not enough fibre in our diets equates to toxin build up in our gut.
– Increase your greens. Green vegies are high in fibre and feed the good bacteria in our tummies for healthy digestion and flow. Greens are super alkalising and energising. And also help our bodies to activate to a cleansing and detoxing mode.
– Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is the best detox! A good nights sleep helps our bodies restore and repair and regulate hormones.
-And lots of water. Nectar from the gods, to help keep you hydrated inside and out and helps flush toxins out.
OUR TOP PICKS FOR SPRING
1) Vita Sol Powders $59 –Nutritional whole food powders to target specific skin concerns.
2) We are Feel Good Sunscreens $24.95, $27.95 – skin loving sunscreens for face and body. Hydrating and and non clogging.
3) Lonvitalite Eye Mask $35 – Spring also being allergy season, eyes tend to get the brunt of this. This eye mask are soothing and cooling. Hyaluronic for extra hydration and collagen to plump those peepers.
4)Rose Quartz Gua Sha stone $38 – Amassage tool to open energy meridians throughout the face and neck, promoting detoxification while releasing tension and congestion. Good bye puffy tense face and Hello rejuvenated complexion.
5) Sans Ceuticals Baobab body & hand repair cream $42– The perfect body hydrator for the warmer months. A silky luscious textured dosed up with Omega oils and baobab phyto lipids, to plump and refined skin texture.
6) O Cosmedics Pure Age Defiance serum $92– Think of this like a multi vitamin serum Vitamins A,B,E and with super dose of Hyaluronic to restore the water content and hydration levels of the skin
7) NIOD Multi-Molecular Hyalauronic $99 – Hyaluronic is a like an electrolyte for the skin. Replaces water and moisture loss, keeping skin soft supple and super hydrated.
8) NIOD Ethylated Ascorbic Acid $70– a powerful anti oxidant to protect our skin cells and to help fight of free radicals. Think counter acting sun damage.
9) Orgaid Anti-Aging Moisturizing Sheet Mask $9.95, single $34.95 4pack-Quick and easy hit moisture and hydration, containing active botanical and hyaluronic to visibly plump and hydrate the skin and Niacinimide (vitamin B3) to help calm redness and strengthen the skin.
Wana chat? Us too. We love a good ol’ yarn but we also love to listen. So pull up a (denim-covered) chair and take a seat as we guide you through a skin-by-skin consult where you can voice your concerns over some hot herbal tea. It may not be your birthday but you can even cry if you want to.
In case you don’t have psychic skin powers, don’t fret. We do (well kind of). This is your opportunity to lay down one on one with us and divulge your deepest, darkest skin secrets – no leather brown lounges in sight. An in-depth and highly thorough assessment of your skin’s health including the factors that may be impacting it such as lifestyle, toxins and environmental influences. Your skin is the body’s largest organ, but also the last organ to receive nutrients (see we do know we’re talking about), thus its internal care is imperative. But knowing what to put on your skin can be most confusing with such an overwhelming amount of beauty banter out there. Our detailed treatment plan, including deficiencies your skin may be reflecting, is just what you need to get your skin positively sexy again (without the stress).
30 mins / $69
And for those of you donning a white dress in the near future , let us help. We will create a program to give you the best skin of your life! We will get you preened, primped and perfectly turned out for your big day. Bridezillas welcome.
*Achieving your ‘Best Bride Skin’ takes some time and preparation by incorporating good home care and tailored skin treatments 3-6 months prior to the ‘I do’. With the stress often hitting crisis levels, you will receive a months supply of Lypospheric Vit C (valued $69) to stimulate collagen from the inside out and support the body from fatigue – no pre-wedding burnout or runaway brides here!
30 mins / $89
Because after you’ve learnt how to treat what yo’ mama gave you – why not treat yourself. Add on one of our express facials. Yes, please.
60 mins / $129
Don’t be a Beauty School Dropout. It’s time to pop on your study hats and go back to school with us – skin style. This is an educational, upbeat and hands on learning experience where you and your gal pals will grasp the knowledge of basic grooming, how to look after yourself holistically and the inextricable link between hormones, diet, lifestyle and skin. Ugh – it’s tough being a girl – knowing what to put on your face or inside your belly can been overwhelming, sweeping and stifling. So we’re here to strip down the superfluous skincare products and simplify your skincare regime. All aboard the beauty sailboat. This is your graduation day.